The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse . . . they’re right bastards, all four of them.
Top 10 Reasons You Should be Reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
10. American Gods was so good that you need more Neil Gaiman in your life.
9. In this political climate, books about the end of the world seem oddly appropriate.
8. You need to uncover the true reason that the M25 motorway is the epitome of all evil.
7. To learn important details about the world, like the fact that the earth is a Libra.
6. To see that if a demon and angel can be BFFs, maybe the world can be saved yet.
5. To find out more about the original British monetary system so that you can finally convert bobs to florins correctly.
4. Where else will you find satanic nuns, witches, space aliens, and the lost city of Atlantis in one place?
3. To discover the other 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, not mentioned in Revelations.
2. You will finally understand that nuclear reactors are not the same as lemon drops.
1. It is, quite possibly, the funniest book you will ever read.
Good Omens is coming to the small screen in 2018, courtesy of BBC and Amazon!!
Seriously, go read it. Please.
You can find the book in all the usual formats on Amazon. The audiobook and BBC Radio Drama can be found on Audible as well. Finally, take a look at the BBC Radio site. The program is not currently available to stream, but this link has some other interviews, clips, and artwork that are worth a look.
If you have already read the book, please share your favourite bits with me. Find me on twitter @jezzie_bell or leave a comment here.
I’ll be compiling a dream cast, so please do send me your top picks.
Thank you for reading.